litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Brunty Or Bust Pictures

Mark H

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore me scott, just me being simple. I am doing masters exams at the moment (which is why i spend half my life on lotus sites) and its making my brain go funny. I was looking at the footage Ali h posted to you on seloc. i.e. his power slide and for some reason i thought it was your efforts at brunty. Give it another 2 weeks and i will be completely :):D

Did anyone buy a program?! I heard my car was on the cover but couldn't make it on the day as I was on holiday :( I would love to see it if possible :bleh:

Cheers...James

James if your reg is DG52 MSO then its your car, there s also a picture of it driving off into the sunset inside the programme. I dont have the skils to scan it and post it as i am computer illiterate. Nice motor though (shame its not an S1)

Ally

Mike - what did you do to earn the black flag which you didn't see but everyone else did?  Moon the marshalls?

Scared a marshall...... had one doing a pax lap with me at the time :)

I saw Scott and yes the red mist too. Had been braking v late into that chicane all day, didn't stamp on the peddle hard enough this time, locked up the rears and foolishly still tried turning in. Tried keeping the gas on, nearly managed a 360 but sadly came to a standstill and a black flag.

And finally an excuse for the flags - the guy waving the small ish black flag must have been right on my braking point and because I was concentrating so hard on getting it right I didn't notice his furious waving. Incidentally I still managed to get the entry wrong more often than not.

The most I could carry round that 1st corner was 110. Any more than that led to a very scary little sideways moment.

1st corner was 120-125mph, from the 2nd lap of the day :).

Unfortunatly, too much to do on the day and needing the tyres for Rockingham on the 24th meant I only did 5 sessions, managed to scare a few punters though, 1st flying lap was always a laugh as they kept looking at the Brake board on the 1st corner and realised I wasn't.

Archived