litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rattle, Help :(

jaye.tillson

I have a rattle that I havent been able to identify for weeks. I just assumed it was the rollover bar but having spent a LONG time in the car today I finally decided I had to do some testing when I got home.

It turns out that it is not the roll bar or back window (does it when both are OUT). It is definately coming from the drivers side so can only assume that it is either the drivers door (rattle is still there with window UP and DOWN) or the seat (rattles is still there with seat in all positions).

I also have a CD changed behind the seats that may need to be tightened but if after I do that it still rattles does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Jaye

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have similar in mine and I'm pretty sure it's to do with the door pins. Not quite sure how to check though, and the door isn't flying open, and only really happens on bumpier roads. I have an S2 though so it could be a completely different cause.

Also worth checking windows?

Ok, its not the allen key. It seems to be coming from the door. I have the alloy door pins. Anyone know how to get them out? I guess a funny little alan key, but how do I get the door handle off?

Jaye

I have an S1 and mine had been rattling for a while too. On mine the brackets gripping the window had come loose so the glass was knocking on the inside of the door. There is a thread on this (just type in windows on the MLOC search) with farely extensive instructions about getting into the door pannel. It reccomneded an industrial glue, I just used arildite and touch wood it has worked really well.

Ally

Ok, last night i got out the allen keys and played around with the door pins. Today I drove the car and the rattling is a lot less. This could be due to the weather not being so hot, or I might have figured out the problem!

Wish me luck!

jaye

This is not the solution to your problem but it might be of interest . I have had a rattle for some time which I now beleave to be the CAT converter loose in its housing, particularly when hot.

This is not the solution to your problem but it might be of interest . I have had a rattle for some time which I now beleave to be the CAT converter loose in its housing, particularly when hot.

Gave the car a good thrashing today whilst working from home and the noise is still very much there. It is coming from towards the front of the door. I have tightened all the doors pins and nothing. Is the collant pipe inside the drivers rail?

Jaye

Archived