litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Tyres

Steve J

Anyone know the spec for the rear Bridgestone Potenza tyres for an S2.

Are they 225/45/R17?

Also what code do I need to specify to ensure I get the correct Lotus tyres.

Cheers

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Bridgestone's the only choice for the S2?

Any better (cost effective/grippier) ones?

I should think that Bridgestone's on the front and another make on the rear wouldn't cause handling difficulties.

I just don't like having only one option on tyres.

Cheers

Don't mix tyres on the Elise. I am runnimg Toyo Proxes T1-S at the moment, so far very impressed. 185's up front help with the understeer, cost me £260 for a set of 4 (same price as 2 rear Bridgestones) from mytyres. Wet grip is excellent, better than Bridgestones.

Worth a go for the money.

The Lotus Elise fitment has actually changed recently for RE040BZ 90V to a RE040BZ 90W. If you ask your tyre supplier to purchase the tyres under our IPC (Individual Product Code) 78343, this will uniquely identify the correct fitment. I hope this helps eddie :clap:

Take it you work for Bridgestone then!?

At the Bedford day Walshy mentioned that unless you have uprated suspension the 185 fronts aren't a good idea as it can cause problems under braking due to the increased grip.... obviously being a Heterosexual S1 owner I am not totally sure how applicable this is, but it may be worth further investigation before commititng.

Archived