litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Malbon - My 111r Does 0 - 100 In 7- 8 Seconds!

Zebedee79

Jon,

From the BCBBS thread, 'There is always one', I was actually at the Essex Garden Party been re-reading the old 0-100 thread...

I had completely forgottten how funny it really was :)

Suppose the supercar times were never resolved and all talk?

John :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy has got credibility in the elise world but he approached that thread very arrogantly and paid for it !

I was just a newbie who was very sceptical that an elise of any form could knock off 9 or 10 seconds to 100 mph !

Strange, I thought the S2 was slightly quicker than the S1.

:D

The BCBBS seems to be populated by a bunch of 14 year olds on it's off days. For a time SELOC was just as bad.

The "There's always one thread" is a good example of how you'll never win an argument on an internet discussion board.

So when are we going to start our own abusive thread? :D:P

Fiona

Jon,

Completely agree, he is a mine of useful technical information and generally very helpful, but no excuse for arrogance, just gives Harv more ammo!

Fiona,

That's one of the nice things about MLOC - it's civilised, apart from the MLOC sticker wars obviously, won by the Driver's Side! :P

The Garden Party was a commendable event, meeting like-minded enthusiasts, a short run and trying to raise a small sum for charity, why it went off like it did, I'll never understand - why go in the first place. All not helped by SELOC and ex-SELOC factional infighting...

John :D

Can anybody enlighten somebody who hasnt been onto the BCBBS for ages and who has never even heard of the Garden Party???

PS You can all feck off from me too!!! :D

Steve,

Garden Party was last Sunday near Thaxted, hosted by Mr Hipperson.

Mr H is a car enthusiast who currently has a silver 360 F1 Modena, which I was following on a run and is just slightly faster than my 111R :D

All started when he posted some motoring tales following Top Gears bit about the Countach, the list of cars Mr H has owned is amazing - GT40 etc.

See BCBSS archives for the tales, fascinating reading.

John

Archived