litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ok..just Thinking...

malbon

Havent got one have we.

Sorry but its novice to me again being in elise ownership world. What do people do with regards to spare tyres.

Last car I had Toyos fitted and the place down the road did them so no problem there. All of a sudden I have these Yoko Neova things. Where do I get one from quick sharp if i get a puncture and how much do they cost front/rear ?

Thanks.

Jon.

(no one around tonight?)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get full AA cover won't this be their problem at least in terms of getting you home? I am sure that if you only wanted one and did a bit of ringing around you'd get one quickish...slightly concerned about no spare tyre myself with being off to Le Mans today and having none of that type filler crap. Fingers crossed then...

Is it true that vthe tyre weld stuff means that you cant repair the tyre afterwards?

has anyone ever use the stuff that is meant to prevent punctures????

:)

Yes it does me you cant repair the tyre...also the gunk sticks to your alloy so you have to get it professionally removed (says the Tin i have any way) Dont know if the garage can clean off all the gunk or not.

I would never dream of repairing a tyre on an Elise anyway....

HTH

Why????

I had one done a couple of years back and then did 2 trackdays on it, before killing it on an airfield day. No problems. There is only one place I'd trust though (Silverline in Warwick).

And BaT charge £400 for Advans.

Bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I am about to get another one repaired!

Just gone out to the garage to head out for a dive and the LH rear tyre is low, spun it round and there is a small nail right in the middle of it. Tyre is almost brand new!!!

Archived