litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Wheels On An S1

steve

I have a girl interested in my car and she asked what size "big" wheels you can put on. I did tell her not to be so stupid but she is a bit of a "cruising queen"

So, without upsetting the handling adversly, what size wheels and tyres can you get on a standard S1 (with S2 suspension?)

Cheers

Steve B)

PS - please dont give me too much of a hard time!!!! :devil:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did say she would keep the original wheels for trackdays , beefcake, so at least she will use it properly!!! :devil:

She's also only 22 so i'm including a 1st Lotus day as part of the deal. B)

Thanks Fiona - i'll take a look

Ahh she is 22.. thats ok then, cute? ;):(

Yeh Taz had rlots of problems in the technical forum when he changes wheels sizes and so has reverted back. I know my car rubs the wheel liners pretty badly so there isnt much space for huge wheels.

Beefcake,

Completely off topic.  if you're not signed in to MLOC (ie as a guest) the times of posting are an hour behind.

Fiona

Its something to do with the timezones not defaulting to UK until you log in and then it adjusts it to your profile.

I'm gonna leave it alone until the next release of the software and if its not fixed, I'll try and sort it out :(

Beefcake - She is actually quite nice... but unfortunately fell in love with my car and not me :(

Fiona - I think the politically correct term is " trading across"!!!! ;) I need to get something with less miles and i cant find anything half as good as an elise so an S2 it will be.

I'm going to south america for 4 months next year so will sell when i go and buy when i get back!!! Amanda is prepared to wait until then for my car! (at least thats what she says now!!!)

That way, it will give her time to save fror those alloys. I'll try and convince her to go for the "Victory" rims in either standard size or bigger with some stupid tyres that look more like rubber bands!!! some nice exige type ones around!

I have told her about the engine now but if she doesnt have it then i could be persuaded....

Bare in mind that it will have done about 65k miles by then!!!

yes i,v had seriuos issues with 17'' wheels, so i,m just waiting on deliverey of standard S1 wheels again, as much as they look brill on car, the 17'' chrome alloys got to go, and if she is cute u can send her round to me and i can tell her in person.

;):(

Steve, mine has just hit 60k(on the last run) itself so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, though i have seen how you rag the nutts of your car so....!!!! ;)

If we just keep it in the back of our minds for now, and discuss it closer to the time, ya never know i may have my hyabusa engines by then! :jet:

No probs ian.

Here's a pic from saturday for you all to drool over. I think you will all agree that she can put whatever wheels she likes on the car!!!!! :clap:

post-3-1085393816.jpg

Archived