litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rubber

Steve J

So I can't find the threads on tyres for an S2.

Down to a couple of mm left (enough for a 1st Lotus day - which I need to organises a.s.a.p.) so need to think about another set on the rear.

Where do MLOCers buy their Bridgestone's?

What can I expect to pay?

Where's the best service?

What do I have to watchout for to ensure I get the right spec tyre?

Cheers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon,

Fronts are fine, must have at least 5mm

Scott,

I assume putting Toyos on the rear with Bridgestones on the front is not a good idea?

Got it booked into Horizon in 2 weeks so will check out their prices.

Steve, I went for Toyos, hence the fronts for sale. I got 4 Toyos for the price of two rear Bridgestones, £263 from mytyres.co.uk, fitting was £25 including balancing. I'm pleased with them so far, playing with the pressures a little. Got 185/50/R16 up front and the normal 225/45/R17 rears.

Certainly more progressive on the limit than the Bridgestones (which I prefer). Worth a go at the price, not recommended on track by most accounts, if that's an issue.

Horizon can supply and fit Toyos now as well.

I assume putting Toyos on the rear with Bridgestones on the front is not a good idea?

My car tended to under steer with bridgestones on the front and toyos on the back.

I find the Toyos better in the wet. :(

Mixing tyres is never a good idea! The Bridgestone's are for the S2 anyway Simon, and given that Toyo's are so cheap for the S1 i think you would be hard pushed to find a cheaper tyre anyway!

You do also technically have the wrong size tyres on your car.... i say technically because you are running 185 front and 225 rear... the S160 did come out with those originally, but now it seems that the car is better balanced with 195 front 225 rear... 195 Toyo's are a whopping £33 each from Tim Stevens.

Psalvo1

Check that they are the Lotus Spec (i.e. lighter and specific compound) Bridgestone's as there can be confusion. There is a particular DOT reference which I can't find right now. I'm sure someone else can provide the right spec quicker than I can find the SELOC thread. :gilo:

Archived