litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Top Gear....

daves2111s

They do seem to be the same dampers, but 20% stiffer apparantly...

I thought the Exige has LSS though? Like you say he certainly seemed able to hold it together well, up fish hill i was a little wary, especially as i was always on the outside cos of cars in the way!

Watching your car was mighty impressive.... i reckon you should have a chat to the guy behind us at the start in the 135R - he was very complimentary of the PTP 170 upgrade, and performance wise it was scary to watch... effortless overtaking, where i was bouncing off the limiter! I also managed 168 miles off a tank - which is a bit low!

Great day though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No not LSS, Max's dampers aren't platform height adjustable, hence the high ride height, LSS is height adjustable, hence the 135R's lower ride height. I would imagine the Exige stuff is also stiffer to cope with the increased weight as well.

Max got so close at one stage I thought I had burnt the front of his car.

I'm still in two minds as to spending serious money on the K engine, you do get reliability issues, even with 170bhp. Transplant appeals more in the future.

It's all fun, how did yours go, no more leaks, got a good thrashing so if were to have any other problems they would have shown up I would have thought.

Hmm... it was still bloody impressive though! Did prefer the 135R though!

A good thrashing... you could say that :blush: Seems to be ok.. have an annoying rattle from rear right, which seems to brake pad/stone related or something similar and i can't open my boot today cos the damn pull cord thing has thrown a wobbly :mad:

Max did have a habit of getting rather close... i spotted that a few times.

As for engine work, the PTP thing seems great, lots of extra oomph (more power to weight than the 111R) 12 month warranty and you keep all the old bits. Likewise i think a transplant would be great, but there's a heap of difference in price! £Mike said he will be doing a good and favourable deal on the PTP170 kit.. so might be worth checking back with him. Its certainly what i have in mind.

Bugger bugger bugger!!!!

Not only did i miss the run but i also missed the Top Gear!

Any ideas where i can find it on the net etc?

cheers

:blush:

I have it on my PVR, will see what size the Exige section compresses to, might be able to get that to you if its not too large.

they reckon u need to take 4 secs off aswell if the track was dry, so it would of just been on the radical territory i,m sure. i,m sure if the stig also didn,t hit the grass slighty aswell he may of even gone that bit faster. lets wait for some one to sup the engine up to around 230 bhp and see how it goes then

Steve,

its already on Seloc!

I downloaded it at lunchtime!

Its awesome

I strongly advise anyone who has not seen it NOT to download it,

I have just placed my Exige order....

(I wish....) :)

As for engine work, the PTP thing seems great, lots of extra oomph (more power to weight than the 111R) 12 month warranty and you keep all the old bits.  Likewise i think a transplant would be great, but there's a heap of difference in price! £Mike said he will be doing a good and favourable deal on the PTP170 kit.. so might be worth checking back with him. Its certainly what i have in mind.

Scott - as you've got the exhaust/hurricane done already you'd almost certainly get a further discount off a ptp 170, so it woudl be almost rude not too if the price was right.

Personally I'm not going to do anything more re headwork etc as I reckon I'm running 160 bhp +, it's just that the road holding/understeer is a bit ropey on mine - so nitrons and 48s I think... :unsure:

Archived