litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Top Gear....

daves2111s

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....I....need....S2....Exige......must....have....S2....Exige.....must....have.

..S2....Exige...now....how....much....part ex....for....my....soul....sir?

:D that was fast!

There was an old aston at the start as well. Not sure what type but it looked like one of the ones which was on the last series of top gear, a big late 70s V12 I think.

Great plug for the Exige - wow that was fast.

Of course, we had first-hand experience - sort of:

Max showed up for the run in his 111r but it's not standard - it's on Exige suspension, wheels & tyres. Surely the perfect combination Exige without the ugly bits and a roof you're allowed to remove.

Winding up to limiter in each gear in our K's, he came past like we were standing still. When that second cam comes in its like an explosion of power.

Yeah I saw the Aston! Wasn't sure whether it was the V8 though?

You can keep your 911's now - The V8's top of my wish list! Especially as Jaguar are not going to make the F-Type!

Anyone read the Elise bit in Top Gear magazine? There was a thread on SELOC about it, basically the info is a load of rubbish!

Vx220 is down as having a 0-60 of 7.3!

Standard Elise as 5.0 dead, with the S160, 190 and 111s all being over 5 secs!

Plus they state the 340R as having 340bhp per tonne! Lotus wishes!

Yup the Top Gear magazine review was a load of $£"!, reading the info from the people who were there and then seeing the journo spin they put on it makes me laugh :D

If I was in the market for an S2 Exige I think I'd get the 111r instead and put Nitrons onto it, at least you can take the roof off properly then!

Good British reviews today though :D

And Clarkson was a bit less of a get as well. Glad the exige showed up so well as they seem to have got a bit German obsessed on there recently. And that BMW 1 series thing looks like a bloody ugly alfa 147 mutant to me. :D

When i went to test drive the S2 Exige, i was told by the dealer that the 111r is actually faster 0-60 and top speed than the Exige, as they both have the same engine, but the Exige has more down force so it's slower.

So max has done bloody well in his choice of setup, best of both worlds.

Scott, the Exige dampers and springs are the same Bilstein's as the S2. They are revalved and I would imagine the spring rates are increased slightly. I wouldn't compare them to Nitrons anymore than S2 LSS etc. Also they don't have the height adjustablility of either LSS or Nitrons. I would say they would be a good upgrade on the standard 111R kit, but probably cost around the same as Nitrons, S2 LSS. Max got a good deal from what he said, so that goes along way to making your choice.

It is certainly a quick car, he held it together well going up Fish Hill in the wet on AO48's, my Toyos gripped like limpits.

Bugger bugger bugger!!!!

Not only did i miss the run but i also missed the Top Gear!

Any ideas where i can find it on the net etc?

cheers

:blush:

Archived