litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Whoa Focus Rs!

Scott_Mac

Scott, you go for the competition corbeau or just 2 passenger ones on std. runners like i did ?

I've got willans harnesses in mine and the s160 seats are more comfortable than they look!

Not quite a Focus RS, but a guy in a yellow MG ZR with blacked out windows tried to race me yesterday along the A38 dual carriageway at droitwich. Funniest thing i saw all day..... needless to say it didnt last long :blush:

Johnny M

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine are staright out of an S135... currently residing in a Black S160 actually :lol:

So i guess, they are on std runners etc.... i'm not fitting them so don't really care though - i hope the drivers seat at least moves forward though!

MG ZR :blush:

Just checked with the seller... and they seem ok :blush:

Have to decide on harneses now, do i or don't i.. cheapy ones or not? and where the hell do i relocate the roof rail's too?????

scott, i take it you are in a pre GRP boot car then !? i use to put mine through the left most hole in the foot rest and lay them down the outside of the passenger seat.

i've got a set of Willans harnesses from Bell & Colvill on mine. It looks from the packaging like they were originally intended for a Caterham.

Welcome to have a look at mine if you want.

Johnny M

Hmm... i sat in one yesterday (an orig S135 - yum!) which had the Willans one's and the seats... they were great, and very much ideal but the cheapy ones are MOT compliant, and cheap... the expensive ones aren't MOT compliant and well, err, expensive.

Decisions, decisions....

my car passed its MOT on Thursday with the willans installed.

depends where you take it :blush: Which aspect is not MOT compliant compared with cheapo ones ?

Original s135's are cool arent they..... i enjoyed reading Evo a couple of months back in there 10 year feature. Seemed to like it, although not having driven a clio williams i cant understand why its below it in the results !

Johnny M

AFAIK you need to be able to do the harness up with one hand in order for it to pass the MOT... though i do know of cars passing the test without that in place - guess it depends on the garage.

I too enjoyed Evo... that was the car i wanted, but they were too elusive to find....

As for the Williams, its an excellent car, easy to drive fast (easier than the Liz) but i'm not 100% sure its a better car.....

thats objective. I can do up my harness with one hand.....it just takes longer :blush:

NW MOT'd mine without problem. Apparently most places don't lose any sleep over harnesses unless they are really anal. After all, it's gotta be safer than three point reels, or you wouldnt put them in. Especially in a roofless car.

Might be worth asking Ian at Nick Whale what their views are on harnesses. could always take it there for MOT.

i had a little play with a BMW 330ci convert on A42 other night, both at around 60 when the lorry finally moved out of way, i could see he was right up my ass, so i dropped a gear and booted it, i could see him trying to keep up but i was lossing him.

i got up to 120 mph and eased off again like u do. he crawled passed me when i slowed right down again ....lol, think it shocked him a bit, and considering i,m only running standard car 118bhp elise with only sports exhaust which wat maybe gives me 4 bhp i was impressed

oh yeah forget, aswell last sunday i had a play with a 3door seirra cosworth running 450 bhp and he was behind me. i could see he was eager to have a go so i thought why not.(i know cars running 450 bhp as i know of guy thats tunned it).

i let rip and he couldn,t keep up on acclearation, he caught me when i hit 4th and i could hear his turbo kicking in big time, then i slowed down as he got up next to me, cos i knew he,d hammer me there on and the roads prone to coppers so decided enough was enough, but again i was more then impressed with the Liz :)

I am struggling to see how you would keep ahead of a 330Ci, unless he was in top the whole way...

I can keep a 325i tame until about 90, but getting to 120 in a std Elise takes ages.... 110 maybe, but the last bit takes forever.

well for some reason then my cars been modded or something and i don,t know, cos i don,t seam to have any problem getting from 110-120 then she runs outta steam, i had 118 outta her on a 1/10 uphill gradiant with out a problem

Archived