litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is The S2 Lss Available

malbon

Steve Butts ?? I think is his name - does the S2 kit come in LSS or lower than std form ?

I'm planning on making an assault on the S1 111s market in the not so distant future but dont fancy the gap between the wheels.

If so....combien ??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did have a few kits last year but can only get std S2 stuff....

For the price diff he reckons you were still better off with Nitrons for an extra couple of hundred quid..... apparantly the dampers are much better made and also you can revalve them etc.

The std S2 stuff can be run lower using VX springs - 100/110 AFAIK, which is plenty low enough and Mr Scuffham doesn't recommend any lower than ~115/125 anyway.

100/110 sounds Ok. Is this std LSS height ?

How much is the Steve Butts stuff fitted by say bruce for example ?

someone on here must have had it done.

Standard S2 springs are the same spring rate as S1 LSS. S2 heavier so needed stiffer springs to compensate (partly) and dampers much smoother in valving so can get away with more stiffness in springs.

Don't know but doubt if you'd want the springs any stiffer for the S1?

Graeme

Dan160 has S2 LSS on his S1 160 over on SELOC...I linked to it last time. Cost him £500 after selling his existing setup.

He says its much much better - but its set at about 85/90 or something stupid.... I have terrible problems with my 100/110.

Archived