litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sods Law >:(

MattyB

Adjusted my tyres pressures today (now on 26/28 - which has got rid of the flex, but is too high) so I though I'd go out for a quick test of them.

Roads were quiet, saw no police at all....as soon as the car warmed up I let loose the 160 horses of war. Guess what? Out pops mr Police Volvo T5, just as I was sitting just short of the limiter in 2nd. I crapped myself, thinking I was sure to get pulled.

They didn't though - either they couldn't be arsed to turn around, or they just put it down to noise rather than speed (I was going uphill, we both hit the crest at the same time)...either way, I spent the rest of my trip going very slowly. Of all the times to show up :)

Another thing....why is it the really really really slow Sunday driver is *always* going the same way as you?

Oh, and note to self - Horses are *really* scared of Elises! I went as slow as I could, with as little RPM as it could manage...whoops ;)

Wish I didn't have to sell this car :angry:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went past a few horses at about ten mph earlier - keeping the car as quiet as I could - have seen what happens when horses get spooked and it's not much of a laugh!

Went for a fantastic early blat around the Warwickshire lanes - hardly anyone on the road. Top banana! :)

Yes Kris I agree, early Sunday mornings is a good time, just have to watch for pheasants and the like.

On the country roads around here Saturday afternoon tends to be pretty good too.

Never got the chance either day this weekend :angry:

As for the horses I take a very wide line very slowly one kick from them and at the very least it would be a new clam. :(

Dave :drive:

Why are you selling then? Dont do a Jonno! 

'kin right !

honestly. any other car you drive you will be disappointed with. handling does it over speed for me. tho i think its cos of your house purchase ?? so its a kind of a no choicer..

personally...id live in the liz if you can rent storage to put your other stuff in :drive:

Selling due to houses and sensibility....or something ;)

I wont even pay for a home game, let alone a season ticket....I can by some useless GJOB bits for the price of a ticket :)

Archived