litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Calling Matty B

Jonathan E

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my names down for it :D I get first refusal as they are new builds. Not cheap mind, 100k for a 3 *room* apartment. But it is by the river, which is nice. Should be finished by the end of the year...apparently

Unfortunately moving to Shrewbury = Selling the Elise and going back to something cheaper.

Well that was another plan.

The main reason I'm buying is that its expected to be worth £130k once built. I could selll for a tidy profit (Mm..Exige ;)) or just rent it out. Its quite far away from where I work (Walsall) so the journey would be a nightmare if I was to go and live there...

Although Shrewsbury is a MUCH better place to own an Elise than round here...some great roads, and your closer to Wales :)

So you don't intend to live in it then?

Its not much of a journey to Walsall,and as for it being a much better place to own an Elise than where you are now....well I've had two Elises Keyed in the last 2 years and get constant attention from chavs including a bloke who took axception to my Liz as I drove past him the other day,gave me the finger just for being in a nice car.Sadly its the same all over in my opinion.Exige would be nice though!

Regards

Jon

After the weekend I've had, I wish I did have a house in Shrewsbury to go and live in!

I spend all my driving time in West Brom, Walsall, Dudley, Wednesbury - all of which are Chavsville's. And I've not had a problem yet. Although I am very careful of where I park it (usually only manned multistories etc).

Cheaper to insure over that way too, knocked 150 off my premium when I last checked.

Think I must have been spoilt all this time,I guess the insurance thing is just something I take for granted and the nearby Welsh roads :)

It is a nice place to live but not without its problems,and its close to Loton Park for some top hillclimbing(sadly not for the 111r)hoping to get over there this afternoon.

My S2111s got keyed on the driveway ;) So nowheres safe,the house prices around here are going through the roof same as everywhere I guess.So 130k for your riverside pad isn't unobtainable.Long may it continue, I bought my 2 bed semi for 26k although I've spent nearon 15 years renovating it,I'm told its worth around 190k now.MMMmmmm might be time to retire :D

Regards

Jon

I looked at doing something similar... buy off the plans etc and then rent it out.

Decided that staying at home was cheaper... as soon as i;ve paid for the Liz, i'm off.... straight to the centre of brum :)

;)

If you buy off the plans in the right area you can save a wedge.... knowing the daughter if the boss of Crosby homes can have its advantages :D

You can also pick up 1 bed apartments with parking for around £110k anyway, inside assistance helps though :wacko:

You can also pick up 1 bed apartments with parking for around £110k anyway, inside assistance helps though

You know I've always said what a great bloke you are Scott...:wacko:;)

Archived