litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Do You Polish Yours With!

jez_s

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if halfords stock it, but I have a catalogue of meguires stuff, which also lists stockists...

Auto Essentials, Solihull 01217 446802

APS, Wolverhampton 01902 424414

Discount Motor Spares, Birmingham 01217 704927

Dorridge Auto, Solihull, 01564 776148

Fletchers Auto store, Birmingham, 0121 359 4241

Fast Forward Styling, Malvern Wells, 01684 578844

Car User, Kenilworth 01926 852494

Car User, Nuneaton 02476 350015

Jivaji Auto Parts, Telford, 0952 616494

hmmm, actually after typing all that, i think a full stockist list can be found at http://www.meguiars.co.uk/locator.htm

HTH

Ian

Did anyone have a look at that 'keep it clean' freebie in this months 'Topgear' magazine.

Hmm... having never heard of carplan i don't think i'll bother with their products!!

Yes I think you get a better deal if you order through the internet.

Also worth a look is the Mitt you can buy. Seams a lot better than a sponge. Also I swear by Autoglyms synthetic chamois, after using one of their hydro blades to remove excess water. Now I sound like a proper GJOB! :lol:

Shame the front end looks like its been shot blasted after following certain crazy people on one of the runs through freshly laid gravel :groupwave:

I use Autoglym... it is very easy to apply and polish off.

However with solid red it needs to be kept polished otherwise it can go very dull looking.

With Autoglym I find it only retains its shine for a week and it needs re-polishing.

(I only drive about 100 miles a week and it's garaged!!)

At the moment I polish it then when it gets dirty shampoo and leather it but the next time it needs polishing again :D

So might try something else next time. :groupwave:

Dave :lol:

Zymol is supposed to be the bizziness and i have seen some mirror results.

I personally can't be arsed with spending 3 hours polishing to go out on a decent run to mess it up again !

I do it every now and again and use turtle wax. I leave it on to film up for 30 mins then get a real sweat on buffing it up. You can see your reflection. I think its more to do with the effort u put in rather than the quality of wax.

Never really did it on the silver elise though. shit. that car looked good clean, dirty and whatever. clean - it looked "looked after" dirty - it looked "means business".

oh how i miss it :groupwave:

I used to use Mer but found it left white powder all over my car, which I was forever trying to get off. I use Autoglym now and it seems to do the job ok! Sometimes I like to see my car really dirty though, looks used likes its just finished a big run :lol: Or maybe I'm just weird :groupwave:

Have a look at auto express this week they done a report on the best car polish one that looks good but you can only get from the internet is a1 Speed Polish Kit Bottle 500 ml 0.67 15.12 ,search the web and put in a1 speed polish that should get you there ?eddie :D

I've seen Eddie's car and it is in very good nick, or was when I last saw it!

Eddie - did you change the exhaust in the end or leave it as it was? Have you done anything else to it?

Kristian :D

Kris. service intervals too low for me. The kinda mileage I do should not really justify having a sports car - i should have a Tdi or something. This is my only reason for selling really. don't want a second car either. i'm gonna check my lottery ticket in a minute and fcuk work off anyway.

Then i'm gonna buy this bad boy.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=21803&s=12

Book a holiday in barbados for 2 weeks. Send it over to Blink. Get them to drop a honda in - drop in onto the most expensive suspension that you can buy. Get them to send in over to Norfolk for a full GJOB re-trim with 340R seats. Send it over to an audio shop for some subwoofery and then get someone to deliver it to me on my return to heathrow.

please lord. :)

Stunning that one, and it would be almost rude not to! If you're doing loads of miles the service intervals must be a bitch though. I have a diesel freelander as a second car for much the same reasons that you say a sports car's not sensible as a work car, but hate the git and am getting rid now. Still have to run a sensible car as well though :)

Archived