litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Do You Polish Yours With!

jez_s

Right then,

I'm in the process of buying a second car for commuting to work in, so the lizzy is now going to be kept in a garage as opposed to on the driveway.

As i've got c*ck all to do this easter i thought i'd give her a right good polish :) .

So, any recommendations for a good polishing substance?

cheers

jez

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard Zmol is the best, closely followed by Meguiries. As I didnt want to spend £100 on polish I bought the Meguires 3 step polish and am very impressed so far. Lot better than Autoglym IMO!

PS, welcome to the GJOB club! :)

Zymol is considered the best but as Dave says is about £100 for all the goodies. Zanio is also good but I just use humble Turtle Wax for the Elise and it looks good.

Autoglym is overrated IMHO.

Fiona

Meguiar's stuff is top banana. I use the gold shampoo once a week and the Gold Class Wax is great, easy to rub off too and smells like gummy bears mmmmmmmmmm.

Its about £13 for 500ml hard to find so i ordered my stuff from their website.

Mer make great shampoo and polish stuff.... Autoglym is good for the money though.

On the topic, i randomly bought some cleaning stuff off a guy who stopped at work the other day... it cleans your car without water... :) It works too, very cool stuff!!!!!!!!

Ahem! Garage Jewelry Owning B@stard!

Not meant to be an insult to you though Jez! Just a P*ss take of those who spend more time cleaning their car than driving it.

Fortunatly my polish/driving ratio has improved now I use the car everyday :groupwave:

I made friends with my local mobile car wishing chap, and i managed to get a load of what he calls TFR (Traffic Film Remover) from him. This stuff is great, you can pretty much spray the car with a 50/50 mix of TFR and water, leave it for 5 mins then rinse off, you then only have to wipe over the really dirty bits. The car is washed in 30 mins, which means more driving time! Grrreat.

Always used AutoGlym myself - simply because that's what I have used for years. Always been pleased with the results, but perhaps I should be trying something new based on what has been said here.

Steve, some of the Autoglym stuff is great - Bumper cleaner, window cleaner etc etc. It's just you get a better shine with the Meguires 3 stage. As soon as you use the 1st step paint cleaner you can see an improvement.

Never though Autogym shined that much, even with that special paint finish stuff.

Archived