litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S2 Review

Mark H

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good write up. tho he wittled a lot about other cars considering its an exige review.

summed them up tho

don’t doubt that each tweak of the dampers and each fettle of the differentials makes life a shade faster on the world’s rally stages, but shaving half a second off a 20-mile flat-out run through the Corsican hinterland is simply not noticeable when you’re popping out to buy some Rawlplugs.

and also summed the exige up.

you can bring whatever you like to the party, a Ferrari, a Lambo, an Evo . . . anything, and the Exige will leave you gasping and bewildered in its wake. You simply will not believe how fast this car goes.

Honda S2000 For Sale. 2 Owners. 23k Miles......... :D

I think the S2 Exige shortcomings will only serve to bolster S1 Exige values, as it stands the s2 Exige is a 111r coup'e.To make slightly attractive it needs at least another 40+ HP.

Just my humble

Steve

£29,995... is that right??

£29995 thats the starting point ,sports or tourer pack on top, a/c on top NW's demonstrator was 33-34k.

Start saving or better still just go fro the 111r.

Steve

A mate on SELOC (and Evo) drove it for the Evo article and he said it is actually very good and probably is better than the S1, however he didn't see many S1 owners upgrading to it, as a new purchase though, excellent choice!

TVR please.

But i still would take a 135R when upgrade time comes....

I agree, ain't no replacement for displacement(V8 please but I can live with the straight 6).Only problem is it's always at a huge cost and in reality that is what makes the Elise so good.

Stevef

Cost of TVR ownership is unbelievable, have two colleagues in work, one with a Tamora, the other has a 5L Griff. The running costs are at least 3 or 4 times that of my Elise, and that's just servicing, then there's petrol!!! The Tamora owner has had more problems than all of us put together. Great looking, sounding cars but at a price, not for me.

Having run a Cerbera for a while I do know about cost and it's fair to say it ain't cheap.But TVR's are surrounded by a lot of Urban myth of poor quality etc, a lot of it true but a lot of it grossly exagerated.So my advice is if you ever considered buying a tiv buy from a dealer and buy with a warantee and I promise you wouldn't regret it. It's another great British Marque and we should support it accordingly.

Steve

:pepsi:

If one is stomping around in the £30k odd for a second motor do we care what is costs? I would image the Exige would be harder to live with than the Trevor 350 but given the choice I would try the Exige first.

Those of us who are not 'there yet' just dream of being in the position to make the choice

counting down the days :pepsi:

I saw a cerbera today on the M1, parked next to an AA van. Think that they look fantastic and I am sure that the reliability issues are overstated but I do often see them broken down on motorways, particularly when there's been heavy traffic.

Saw a bently coupe today. Wouldn't mind one of them I must admit. Best start saving for one for my grandkids then... :)

Tuscan and Tamora etc are supposed to be a lot better than the Cerbie....

I'm not buying one just yet, but i reckon when i am looking my needs may be a little different to where i presently am.... so the TVR's may feature very highly!

Archived