Donington Good Or Bad?

Ladders

Donington Good or Bad?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Donington Good or Bad?

• 1 It was really good!
    • 2 It was dissapointing!
    • 3 Ok, but room for improvement

From what I've heard there is mixed reactions to the show at the weekend. A lot of people, my self included enjoyed the show. But a lot of people seemed dissapointed! Perhaps this was just those who travelled a long way (some from the south coast!) and were expecting to much?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't seem to be much happening on the Sunday.

I was expecting to see demonstrations, talks and a lot more about enjoying your lotus. Mostly stalls selling things :)

Some selling at more than their website price (including VAT) !

A few nice cars to look at. Even better ones in the carpark which was free.

Not sure if I'll bother going to the next one unless there is more interactivity.

:(

Yeah think the car park made it for me! Especially as I know now you dont have to pay to park there like I thought last year! :)

Shame Lotus themselves didnt make an apperance! Would have though it would make sense - Lotus customers + Cheque books in pockets = Buyers!

Could have done with a decent food stall - BBQ or something?

Made it better now I know a few faces and can chat to a few people!

I had a blast getting there but was pretty disapointed by the actual indoors bit of the show (car park was fun though). £15 for 2 of us to get in seemed pretty expensive given what was actually going on inside. I'd hoped there would be more people selling parts there as I went with quite a shopping list and maybe a display with the new cars in their various colours/guises from Lotus.

Might go again, but if it's sunny I wouldn't go in - just go for the drive and look round the car park! Ok.. maybe I would venture in but you get my point!

Thought it was OK but not amazing or anything. Think that the is going to be an inverse relationship between how good the car park is and the number of bargains left though. Think I'd go early on the saturday next time.

It's always the same tough, same old second hand rubbish, more like a boot fare...

I've been possible 6 times now, and every year I leave feeling let down.

About time the organiser started putting in more effort to justify the entrance fee.. A bigger venue would attract more dealers and possible Lotus themselves.

I WENT BOTH DAYS,CAR PARK GREAT TO SEE SO MANY LOTUS CARS THERE ,PUT INSIDE WAS A LET DOWN AND YOU NEED TO NO YOUR PRICES BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SHOWS ,BUT THERE WAS SOMEBODY ON SATURDAY ON PAUL MATTY STAND WENT DOWN ONE SIDE OF THERE CARS WITH A SHARP OBJECT THE GREY ESP DONT WANT THEM AROUND THE CAR PARK . SEE YOU ALL THERE NEXT YEAR .

Is someone shouting round here? :o

On the whole it was worth a £5 entrance fee. I'd probably go on the Saturday morning next year as everything we wanted to buy was sold out.

IMHO, the £7.50 this year was worth paying just to see that Elan +2 on Paul Matty's stand - I'm obsessed!!!! :)

Fiona

Yeah I think if I'd have paid £7.50 to get in I'd have been very dissapointed. I think nearly everyone I know who went, went to buy something. So you were basically paying to get in a big shop!

This was second year I have been and paid the £7.50, IMHO wasn't as good as previous.

There were def. more traders last year, Race Speed for example.

In reality inside it was only approx. 2/3 full and I think that this was evident by oversized various clubs stands and companies such as Paul Matty who had no where near as much space before, and were able to spread out and fill the space.

Agree with coment that I am amazed Lotus couldn't be arsed to attend - sure we all already enthusiasts but what about encouraging brand loyalty?

Probably just go to meet old friends in car park next year.

John

I went Saturday and was underwhelmed by the show. It was ok if you wanted bits for older cars but there were not many dealers for the newer ones.

Geary had the most comprehensive stand, we could have done with a few more of that quality.

As everyone has commented the car park was the best bit.

Good to see local dealers NW and PM supporting the venue.

Agree it would have been nice to see Lotus themselves involved in some way.

Still spent about £450 on bits though :P

Dave :lol:

I thought it was really bad. There was nothing inside that you couldn't see outside in the carpark. :P

And don't get me started on the dubious quailty headlight covers that cost more than they do on the website!!!! :lol:

I left a bit dissapointed. Wasn't as big as I expected and alot of it seemed just like an old junk sale of old bits for the older Lotus's!

The car park was great though and my friend who I took thought that was the actual show! :D Saw quite a few MLOC stickers but no owners about so couldn't introduce myself ;)

Archived