litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Desire The S1 Exige? Would You Buy The S2 Exige?

Fiona

Desire the S1 Exige? Would you buy the S2 Exige?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Desire the S1 Exige? Would you buy the S2 Exige?

• Yes, it's a much racier version of the 111R and true to it's predecessor.
    • No, it's just a S2 Elise with a roof.
    • Maybe, if I can possibly stick a V8 in it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-60 in 5.2 seconds! Whats going on!

You could just buy an S2 and glue the hardtop on for the same effect! Whats the point!

Not got the same impact as the S1 Exige either. Diffrent target audience to the S1? Who then?

:wacko:

S2 Exige not aimed at enthusiasts according to NW. Looking to attract new Lotus buyers and take some from BMW, Porsche etc.

Hopefully they will develop one for the enthusiasts.

More agressive styling

Big wing

300bhp

etc etc

yummy

I am curious what its actually going to be like to drive though.... Loti have a habit of being very different on the road to on paper!

It does look quite cool, if a little different, but hey thats Lotus for you!

For me, it's not far enough removed from the 111R. More powers needed, a nice screeming V6, with 300 odd horses is what's needed to get me to part with £35K

For what I'd loose on mine and pay extra to get one, I'm opting for the Honda conversion instead....cheaper by far.

I saw somewhere there's a supercharged version of that VVTLi engine with 230-250Bhp in the pipeline at Toyota - or is that just a rumour?

I know there's an aftermarket supercharger already available - Jap developed & available for fitting in UK - there was someone in a supercharged Celica at the PTP day.

Be interesting to see what happens: Lotus could have endorsed the TT conversions if they'd wanted to, but didn't. Would they go that route now?

Now THAT would give the chassis something to deal with. Otherwise, S1 Exige is the way to go.

Graeme

There is talk of the s/c version

Apparantly there is an upcoming comparison in Evo between the S1 and S2 Exige... should be interesting. I hope they say the S2 is better as some S1 owners may sell up :clap:

Archived