litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Speedo Jumping

Ruxpin

Was out last weekend and the speedo was jumping all over the place, + and - 25mph to what i would guess was the true reading.

Initially i thought it only happened when going over bumps but seemed to be doing it on smooth roads too.

At motorway speeds it seemed to settle down, but on slowing down it was still all over the place.

Any one else had this problem? Suggestions / ideas would be helpfull,

cheers,

Rich

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had exactly the same thing with my rev counter. reading zero and then flickering all over the shop.

Apparently sometimes a bug in the system can cause this and after one turns off the engine it will probally reset?!?!?!?!?!?! Or so the lotus dealer told me. Worst case is a sensor error.

My rev counter is now normal, so guess it seems true enough.

If problems persist suggust you get the sensor looked at?

Rich

I experienced something similar on both the Rev counter & speedo. Nick Whale said it would reset which it did but only to persist again and again. Unit finally returned to Stack who couldn't find anything wrong but replaced it with new item at cost. Been OK since.

Mark

Archived