litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Does Anyone Else...

MattyB

...get loads of dead flies, debris and general crap on the top of their dash? I assume its being blown up through the vents.

I've got so much salt on the top of my dash I could eat chips for a week. Anything I can do about this whilst the clam be off?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know about the salt. But the flies and leaves are easy. Buy a pair of filters from Autostyle. You can fit them in about 2 mins even with the clam on. One of the better upgrades I think if you use the car everyday like me.

Cheers Dave

cheaper solution ... grab a (clean) pair of your missus tights. Open the bonnet and pull the silver hose off the intake. Place tights carefully over the intake and secure with lagger band. Refit hose and enjoy a nice clean cabin :(

Well i'm sure fishnets will stop bigger flies.... :(

I do get lots of salt etc on my dash too... might try the tights thing, though the other half doesn't wear them... i may have to go back to my uni days and buy another pair :P

*snigger*

I have used one pair. I cut them up so there were 2 seperate "legs" and only used one, doubled over, as a makeshift "filter". Worked that well I have continued with it. Never needed to change it.

I get this too, but from when I battered the car - think they fitted the new clam with half a tree stuck in there somewhere. Always amazed at the size of the crap that comes flying through the vents. Sunglasses essential... ;)

Aerodynamics at work: once you hit 100mph (on a track, obviously), the dust on the dash gets sucked into the cabin and into ones eyes. Below 100, it seems to just sit there.

Graeme

P.S. Ladders - I'm starting to worry about you! Is your nickname anything to do with a murky past involving tights?

hows did you do that?  money?  blackmail?  favours???

i need to know!

Bizarrely she seems to enjoy it... also cleans the wheels with wonder Wheels!!

It does help that i am "extra god like" in the sack if she does a good job.. :D

Archived