litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Touring Scotland

Sonya

Thinking of doing a few days in Scotland after Easter. Anyone done this in an Elise (Steve and Fiona, I seem to remember you did this recently)? I'm interested in any ideas for routes, accomodation etc. Only stipulation is the usual great views and nice cosy hotels....

Thoughts peeps?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sonya

I went up about the same time as Steve and Fiona, If you go to the islands watch the ferries the big ones are ok but the small ones can be a bit steep. (scraped the front spoiler coming off the top of Bute) Skye is brilliant, good place to stay was the OLD INN at Carbost, right next to the Talisker still. Good rooms, cheap, nice pub and very central. Also friendly natives...

Lots of good roads, mountains, walks etc.

Will probably go again next year.

Dave

We did:

Trip up and 1 night south of Oban in a lovely old Manse

Up to Eilean Donan castle and 2 nights in local hotel

Did one run round Skye and back to above hotel

Then went over Belach Na Ba to Applecross

Best bit of the west coast and 1 night in Gairloch

Relaxing run up to Lochinver and 1 night in Lochinver

Run to Durness 1 night in Tongue

Run over to Thurso and 1 night in Brora

1 night in Fort Augustus

Back to my uncles at Loch Fyne

Can recommend hotels and B & Bs if needs be. If I were you I'd concentrate on Gairloch and the area round Kyle of Lochalsh and Skye.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/

Had a great time, I'd move back tomorrow. :)

The loop at Kinlochleven is absolutely fantastic in an Elise. Only a short road but well worth a couple of runs back and forth.

Hope you get good weather, there's no better place for getting your hood off and enjoying great roads.

The loop at Kinlochleven is absolutely fantastic in an Elise.  Only a short road but well worth a couple of runs back and forth.

Hope you get good weather, there's no better place for getting your clothes off and having a good romp.

:blink::blush:

Mr Mac - how DARE you (said in the style of Max, from Max and Paddy...) !!!

Sonya

:D

Going to be doing something similar this year. Got a wedding to go to in Inverness - plan is to take two days over the journey each way. Will have 3 days to burn about the place then a couple of days for wedding stuff. Can't wait. Will be planning route and B&B's soon :)

Liz and i went to Scotland twice last year. Fort William and Edinburgh. Before we got the S1 im afraid. The road along the side of loch ness is a real beauty. We also had a trip to John O, Groats, now that is what you call a journey. It would be superb in a Lotus. :)

Archived