litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Seats...

Daveb99

Thanks chaps....Colin the driver's seat has had it (the black bits) so the next step is to retrim it myself (gulp...).

I've also agreed to buy the blue ones for a good price and they come with frames. So the plan is to refurb the blue ones and put them in, finish the red ones and then sell them to someone who wants some nice fresh original seats for their S160.

I've had a good quote from Classic Car Services in Leicester to retrim the blue alcantara (which I will probably go ahead with) and I'm hoping that I can make a good fist of the black nylon retrim myself....

So it will be a while yet. I may fit the seat in the above photos to see how comfortable it is, as a temporary thing......so it may have one 'turtle-backed' Star Trek seat in it next time you see it !

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps....Colin the driver's seat has had it (the black bits) so the next step is to retrim it myself (gulp...).

I've also agreed to buy the blue ones for a good price and they come with frames. So the plan is to refurb the blue ones and put them in, finish the red ones and then sell them to someone who wants some nice fresh original seats for their S160.

I've had a good quote from Classic Car Services in Leicester to retrim the blue alcantara (which I will probably go ahead with) and I'm hoping that I can make a good fist of the black nylon retrim myself....

So it will be a while yet. I may fit the seat in the above photos to see how comfortable it is, as a temporary thing......so it may have one 'turtle-backed' Star Trek seat in it next time you see it !

great news Dave once you have got the seats sorted you can consider selling to me LOL :)

• 8 months later...

Hey Taff, I didn't get around to it in the end - but I did get some fabric samples and decide which to go for so I will dig them out and let you know...

I tried a bit of resticking of the existing black fabric on the drivers seat but it didn't go well. Best left to the experts but I can hopefully at least help you out with the fabric (least I can do for those great pax rides during the heatwave at Donny last year!!).

Archived