litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige Gear Change Fix

@ndy

As mentioned in another post I have never been happy with the gear change on the Exige especially when cold, 3rd crunched if done too quickly and even when hot it's still didn't feel great thumbdown.gif

Anyway, had the car serviced at Chris Neils on Monday ahead on my Euro road trip and while they had the under trays off I got the transmission oil changed to Redline MT and Powerflex engine mounts fitted and although there is more vibration in the cabin on tick-over the gear change is so much slicker and no more crunching when cold.

It's transformed how the car drives  drive1.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned in another post I have never been happy with the gear change on the Exige especially when cold, 3rd crunched if done too quickly and even when hot it's still didn't feel great thumbdown.gif

Anyway, had the car serviced at Chris Neils on Monday ahead on my Euro road trip and while they had the under trays off I got the transmission oil changed to Redline MT and Powerflex engine mounts fitted and although there is more vibration in the cabin on tick-over the gear change is so much slicker and no more crunching when cold.

It's transformed how the car drives  drive1.gif

Okay that's just what I wanted to hear! G commented on the mounts with positivity so when I next get a service at Gav's this is getting done.

Thanks for posting the results.

Mark

another thumbs up for power flex inserts and new oil.

worked for me, i don't think about 2nd to 3rd now its as slick as as going to get think. bit of extra vibration on idle and start up is worth it i reckon

richbk

Archived