litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Challenge!

MarkW

Just sharing this information with you all!

Couple of days ago, I had to go to Glasgow (from Redditch) for a business meeting - with good and clear weather - decided to drive there using my Elise.

To avoid falling asleep at the wheel - I set myself a challenge.

To get to Glasgow at the shortest possible time - without stopping to refuel or anything else!

I admit I sweated a bit when the 'refuel' message came on when passing Carlisle - using mental calcuations - decided to risk it all and carried on to Glasgow.

Got there just under four hours without stopping - achieved my challenge! (Well, I stopped once to pay the toll)

Refuelled in the next day - to my surprise, I managed to put in 40 litres - meaning the Elise was running on fumes!

Here are the interesting statistics -

Total miles - 317

Time taken - 4 hours (average speed was 75 MPH)

Fuel used - 40 litres (36.03 MPG)

But on the way back - I took my time and used up 33 litres and the average MPG was 42.7 (310 miles)

I'm really pleased with the results - it proves that my Elise is both quick and economical.

We already knew that anyway :crybaby:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shortest time for my boyfriend (now my husband) from Solihull to Glasgow was a shameful 2 hour 45 minutes in his Astra SRi. Leaving Solihull at 9 at night. God knows what the average speed was.

I'm scottish and I visit my Mum and Dad up there every few months or so. Have to say, from Nottingham to Glasgow I've never done it in the Elise without stopping. I usually have to fill up at Penrith after coming over the A66. I've had the fuel light in other cars come on just after the services on the M74 just past Ecclefechan and its a good 20-25 or so miles to the next services. Nervous stuff.

Fiona

Cov to Glasgow 3hours at 2am (300miles) 2.0 turbo Fiat Coupe.

Going to the Nuerburgring last year from the point we left the train in Calais to the petrol stop at Lille we averaged 95mph (that was 6 Elises in convoy, I was leading :))

Archived