litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What's The Worst Mod You've Seen?

Foley

What's the worst mod you've seen on an Elise (or an Elite to include you sensitive ones :D )

Not wishing to labour the point BUT obviously top of my list are those awful carpet sets. Ok if they were fitted as standard to the car but choosing them as an after market option, shame on you :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps those nasty alloy indicator stalks ???

Oi! Mine are nice I'll have you know! :D

Think really it's anything that Lotus didnt stick on already exterior wise. How many people would stick a body kit etc on a Ferrari!

Inside I wouldnt put anything in there that didnt improve the performance or made it lighter (just dont look at my Ali tax disc holder on the 29th!) Hence no carpets, sound deadening etc for me!

I've got those alloy stalks too, but they did come with the car along with purple coloured rocker cover bolts (luuuuurverly), wouldn't have chosen them. Good enough excuse?

Anyone seen the rear light conversion in the flesh? The one with the circular LEDs? Pants imho

Are those track stickers really that bad? I kinda like them. :D

I think the twin headlight conv. for the S1 is really nice. Simon Prickett has it on his green with yellow stripes car and it looks the biz.

Worst has to be Carsten from Seloc's old Black car with a wing on the back.

That was criminal and he should have at least received a fine for it if not a life long ban from lotus :P

This was my least favourite self induced mod. Apart from that I don't like cheapo looking bolted on spoilers on any car. I think the track stickers are fine though, even from a carpet hater. Mark - shouldn't you have put most of those on fifteen times?

Kristian :P

post-2-1077231811.jpg

Archived