litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Seat Removal

MarkW

My Elise have accumlated dirt at underneath and back of the seats - including the sides where my hand never will be able to reach the floor.

I would like to give it a good clean and the only option I can think of is to remove the seats.

Is there another easy ways to clean the floors underneath/around the seats?

Let me know.

M

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, seats out is the best way really!

Best to do it on a nice dry day with the roof off.

First put a towel on each sill so you dont scratch them when you take the seats out.

I used an allen key from my socket set on the end of the screwdriver attachment, with the wrench handle on the end - gives you more leverage!

You may need a regular allen key for some of the bolts as well though, as theyre quite hard to get at.

You will also need a 13mm (ithink?) spanner to undo the seat belt attachment to the seat - dont forget what order the washers etc went!

When you've got the seats out I use nomal polish to clean the aliminium - dont use anything abrasive!

While your at it do any other jobs that need doing like fitting sound deadening, speaker cableing etc while your at it!

Then fitting is reverse of removing!

Dave

Yeah I did something like that with a length of fairly hard tube connected to the vacuum with a bit of bike innertube. To get down the dashboard air vents to get all the leaves out. Dont need it so much now as I ahve fitted the autostyle air inlet grills.

Chat soon

Dave

Might be worth while making some very thin attachments for you vac.

Use some flexi air duct tubing from Halfords and squash it flat.

That's what I have done and so far it works pretty well. :angry:

Dave :drive:

If he had a pretty face, i'd say he wasn't just a pretty face, but he hasn't so ignore the above :wacko:

Archived