S1 Elise T49 in upcoming auction

Badger02

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine went to have a look at it today. Here's what he said

Popped across to the auction house to have a look at that Elise. Hmmm…. It’s OK but for having less miles than mine it’s had a harder life! Has what looks like Nitron road spec adjustable shocks. It’s sitting quite low. The doors are quite stiff and the side of the drivers seat is ragged. Looks like it may have a new rad but the engine bay is stock (belt and water pump done apparently). I probably would be prepared to go through the cooling system! Interesting that it also has the Icon ignition bypass that mine had but failed a few years ago(it’s a bypass system that sits between the ECU and the harness) Top tank is crazed and dark yellow.   However the rear boot sits a little high and closer inspection shows that it’s been thumped on the rear arch just above the spat on the drivers side and the repair is local and not the best. It’s passable but not great. Also lastly the soft top is in bad condition. The cloth is ok but the plastic brow is snapped in the middle and the cams are a bit rusty. The boots also mildewy. There’s no soft top bag either. The top was in a pile in the boot and the bows were stuffed down the back of the seats. I couldn’t help myself…I put the bows in the boot in the Velcro straps and then carefully folded the soft top as I fold mine. Thought it was the least I could do for it.  Like anything with these.. the mileage means nothing. It’s how they are stored and looked after that counts. Guided £15-20k but I reckon on a few hundred after that to fettle. Also it got one of those hideous big momo steering wheels, no sign of the original with the car.

To be clear, I have no connection with this car or the auction house, just sharing the ad in case anyone is interested and your responsibility to check the car if you decide to bid.