Jump to content

Evora Side skirts /Barge boards.


Recommended Posts

I got mine from a guy on Facebook who unfortunately stopped making them and moved from midlands down south west don’t know where sorry 

have you tried internet search. ? I think there’s a US firm GRP that sells them and maybe Elise shop but not cheap ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CDM2018 said:

I got mine from a guy on Facebook who unfortunately stopped making them and moved from midlands down south west don’t know where sorry 

have you tried internet search. ? I think there’s a US firm GRP that sells them and maybe Elise shop but not cheap ? 

Thanks for the reply ,There’s a few places that do them outside the U.K. but with shipping and tax they’re pricey for what they are ,hence checking for any U.K. makers/ sellers first . 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The guy I used was basically a metal fabrication specialist , so maybe you can find a similar person who can fabricate a simple light metal shape ? 
the skirts themselves just riveted to the edge of bodywork avoiding any wiring or cable runs 

I love my skirts but they do trap dirt and you must not step on them when getting in or out good luck with your search 

you’re in Rutland lovely roads I used have a small farm over Thorpe Satchville but live over other side of county now 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I made some out of dibond. I don’t know if that’s what you are looking for and without digging out the invoice I can’t remember exactly how much they cost but it was definitely a fraction of what the cost to buy.

(here’s a bad pic with a silly splitter I made while I was at it)

 

7F912F42-CD0A-4627-9374-B405FC714280.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI

i just purchased a BOE air intake kit for my NA Evora 

I was charged £175 for postage as this includes not only delivery but customs charge 

so in conclusion if you can get a Uk based seller you’re going save £170 odd before you even get the item you purchase, in your case the side skirts 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/01/2022 at 01:10, jimn said:

I made some out of dibond. I don’t know if that’s what you are looking for and without digging out the invoice I can’t remember exactly how much they cost but it was definitely a fraction of what the cost to buy.

(here’s a bad pic with a silly splitter I made while I was at it)

 

7F912F42-CD0A-4627-9374-B405FC714280.jpeg

That looks quite good 👍,do you have any other pictures ? 
Id be interested to know roughly how much it cost ,also  how you went about making a template and finally how you fited them to the car .

 

Thanks 

Steve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

That looks quite good 👍,do you have any other pictures ? 
Id be interested to know roughly how much it cost ,also  how you went about making a template and finally how you fited them to the car .

 

Thanks 

Steve 

I’ve just had a look £43.50 plus £14 shipping for 2 pieces of black dibond from “G J Plastics” (1840 x 260)

I then bought some speakers spikes the same thread as some of the bolts under the sill and put the spikes in, offered the board up where I thought it needed to be and pushed to mark the holes I needed to drill..

I actually took them off before trimming or final positioning as I didn’t think they worked with the splitter I was making but I’m sure you can have a go for £50..

(I can’t remember the thread size but the speaker spikes are like this): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Speaker-spikes-steel-isolation-M8-thread-42mm-black-plated-/261490880632?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use