Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie saying hello

Barnsley Phil

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mutley00 said:

Welcome Phil. Barnsley is a very handy place to live if you've got Ohlins fitted to your car, as I found out when I nipped up the M1 from Sheffield earlier this week👍

https://www.mickgardnerracing.com/

Thanks mutely and yeah it’s a pretty handy place to live, especially for me as I’m also into my motorbikes.  Need to stay away from that place though as my wallet craps itself every time I drive past it 🤣

Not got my wallet out yet Phil. Thanks for the warning though - forewarned is forearmed as I think some historian once said!

Let me know if you are coming near S11, the kettle is always nearby.

12 hours ago, Mutley00 said:

Not got my wallet out yet Phil. Thanks for the warning though - forewarned is forearmed as I think some historian once said!

Let me know if you are coming near S11, the kettle is always nearby.

Excellent stuff and I’ll be sure to take you up on that offer of a brew when passing. We aren’t far at all, five minutes from Strines Road, and head to the peak almost weekly for a play. All Be it normally on two wheels 🏍 so really looking forward to trying it out in the exige.  👌🏻

I use the Strines Rd a lot as we are in Ecclesall, notably when I take my car to Fouldsy for servicing. I bet not many people look forward to the drive for an MOT and Service!

I presume you know about Chris? http://www.fouldsmotors.co.uk/index.html

He's as good as they get! 

Drop me a PM when you are next coming to the Peaks

6 minutes ago, Mutley00 said:

I use the Strines Rd a lot as we are in Ecclesall, notably when I take my car to Fouldsy for servicing. I bet not many people look forward to the drive for an MOT and Service!

I presume you know about Chris? http://www.fouldsmotors.co.uk/index.html

He's as good as they get! 

Drop me a PM when you are next coming to the Peaks

Brilliant and thanks for the link. That’s a great help and I will be sure to pay Chris a visit once it’s that time again. 👍🏻

I can also recommend Chris Foulds Motors. Looked after my Elise over last 12 months- ( had an engine management issue which he sorted for free, and a service ) -a true gent!

By Strines road do you mean Mortimer road ( my favourite choice for a run out👍)

1 hour ago, docdunc said:

I can also recommend Chris Foulds Motors. Looked after my Elise over last 12 months- ( had an engine management issue which he sorted for free, and a service ) -a true gent!

By Strines road do you mean Mortimer road ( my favourite choice for a run out👍)

Cheers fella and great help. I’ll be sure to get it booked in well in advance and yeah Mortimer road. I think lotus had that road in mind when they developed the exige 😃 or certainly it was the road I was thinking about when I bought it 😁.

Archived