Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a7esk

M100 Tyres

3 posts in this topic

A Lotus M100 onwner has ask for some advice can you help out .

My M100 Elan seriously needs new tyres, as with all 'toy cars' that don't do many miles the age outweighs the use, having just seen a classic Merc with two old exploded tyres and an advisory on my recent MOT I thought I should check the date codes....rear's are 1996 front are 2000 ! ! No wonder they are rock hard and it feels scary in the wet . A lesson for us all here.

So, what do I replace them with? The Michelin's fitted when new aren't available anymore, so Toyo, Kumho, Bridgestone etc seem to be options but any advice from M100 owners who have changed tyres would be appreciated.

Eddie

Nothing wrong with jumbos especially noting the type of driving they are doing, go cheap and change twice as often seems the best way to go in your circumstances (not unlike my own)