litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nylatron Wishbone Bushes

Elise24

I was looking to purchase a quick shift and linkage kit but have been informed they're not really worth the money but bushes are.

I've had a look at some of the prices and the nylatron wishbone bushes are approx £180 - to be honest i am not looking to spend that much and have seen bushes for sale on this forum.

My Elise 111 S2 is my everyday car and won't be seeing the track so would it be worth fitting the bushes for an everyday car?

Does anyone have any for sale, or know where i can get some cheap :jump:

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the rubber bushes are knackered then leave well alone.

I've run Nylatrons for approx 3 years and am about to change them as part of a number of changes on my car.

I'm fitting rubber bushes again as I am fed up with poor fit/design nylatrons which get stuck causing ride and handling problems.

I'm guessing gear linkage bushes, I read on another email conversation that bushes would be a great purchase for the quick shift and gear linkage kit.

What are the bushes for the gear linkage as i can only find the nylatron wishbone bushes for sale.

Would the quick shift, linkage kit and new bushes be a good purchase and enhance performance and gear change sufficiently for forking out the money.

Would the quick shift, linkage kit and new bushes be a good purchase and enhance performance and gear change sufficiently for forking out the money.

Depends if the gearchange quality bothers you or not.

Many feel there is too much "slop" around the gear gate, and replacement of the bushes makes the change more positive. Best known supplier is Eliseparts who supplies a kit of various nuts, bolts and other strangely shaped pieces, but in practice, all you need is to clean up the originals, regrease and replace the original bushes (which wear and become misshapen) with nylatron ones. Billy 5641 on here offers them for about £20 or bundles them with a quickshifter.

The quickshifter is a new gearlever which is shorter than standard, slightly kinked over bringing it closer to the driver, and with a lower pivot point as well, makes the throws between gears shorter. Shorter traverses across the gearbox gate means faster changes. Works very well with the stiffer bushes.

If you have to ask what the difference is between wishbone (suspension) and gear linkage bushes, it's not something you should attempt yourself. By buying from Billy, my quickshift + bushes, once fitted by Horizon were about the same price as the supply-only parts from Eliseparts. You pays your money...

Archived