litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Christijan Albers (NLD)

#32 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA)

Race

#31 Position 12 (LMP2)

#32 stopped

Bad luck for Lotus at the 6 Hours of Silverstone.

The Lotus LMP2 car number 32 with start driver James Rossiter had to start from the pit lane and with one lap down into the race. Reason for this penalty was an engine change on Friday after the engine failed. Rossiter made up many positions, but had to bring the car to garage after the exhaust broke. His crew fixed the car again, but just a few laps later, Kevin Weeda had to stop the car after another engine failure.

Car number 31 finished the race in 12th position of the LMP2 class. Due to an unplanned service in the last lap it was not possible to have a better result.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“Today, we got a lot of track experience and learnt a lot about the car. We had the race speed and we could do constant lap times. We are improving race by race and this is important for us. I am looking forward to the round in Sao Paulo and I hope that we can make another step into the right direction.”

James Rossiter, Race driver #32:

“It is a shame that we couldn’t finish the race after we experienced another engine failure. After we had to start from the pit lane, I was able to overtake a lot of cars and make up many positions. Suddenly, the exhaust broke and the engine wiring loom caught fire. There was a lot of smoke in the cockpit and I was not able to see anything. The mechanics could fix the car again and the engine failed again. It is just a weekend to forget.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived