litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lost It On A Roundabout In Wet

Carlylove

probabl the reason why you can hang the back out of the s2000 and not the elise is that the s2000 has the engine and weight at the front so less of the pendulum effect, whereas the elise is more mid engined.

Even getting the geo done it willl probably be quite snappy when you lose it.

Ive practised on airfields a few times.

Even cathcing it when you are fuly expecting to spin can be quite difficult, never mind when you are not expecting to.

id agree dont mess with the car in the wet. this is the only time ive nearly crashed the car.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most people have a scare when they first buy the car - it kind of lets you know who's boss.

The main thing is that it was a cheap scare and you can still afford the 1st lotus day!

Steve

Speaking to one of the guys at Peter Smith Sports Cars earlier and mentioned the roundabout and he has lost it there in various cars F & R drive, sports & saloon. He has informed me that the roads there a coverd in Deisel as there is a HGV depot and these r/abouts are their first bend so tip off any excess from tank, body wheels etc.

Thought I was being careful :P

Re-inspection of wheels after a quick clean, will look OK after a bit of TLC - really is only a scuff :D

Damn trucks!

.......the roads there a coverd in Deisel as there is a HGV depot and these r/abouts are their first bend so tip off any excess from tank, body wheels etc.

Coming down off Cat and Fidlle (north End into Macc) there is a quarry and all he heavy plant/quarry trucks join the road half way down and dribble diesel. We had a scary moment once, in the dry at slow speeds on diesel there! Makes for some interesting faces in the cars of those behind you.

.......the roads there a coverd in Deisel as there is a HGV depot and these r/abouts are their first bend so tip off any excess from tank, body wheels etc.

Coming down off Cat and Fidlle (north End into Macc) there is a quarry and all he heavy plant/quarry trucks join the road half way down and dribble diesel. We had a scary moment once, in the dry at slow speeds on diesel there! Makes for some interesting faces in the cars of those behind you.

Ha Ha I bet! :(

Bet the ones in front have MORE interesting expressions as they see you comin at them :crybaby:

Totally recommend the carlimits day (1stlotus).

Seriously, I was hoping that what I'd get from the day was a bit more safety with the speeds I choose to drive at. What I got was a realisation that just because I've been driving on the roads a few years now(!) it doesn't mean I know what I'm doing.

Upshot is Walshy will be a few quid better off over the next couple of months and I'll be a lot more better off in the years to come.

Archived