litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Posting Pictures From A Mac !

Hi all.

Has anyone posted pictures on here from a Mac, as I seem not to be able to regardless of what I try !

So if anyone has, can they help me into what I'm doing wrong :-((

If not may have to Email someone one here and let them post them up for me......

Ps I tried the methods from last time but none of them worked grrrrrr

Your patience is welcomed

Regards Chris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there are plenty that have, there are physical server limits on the size of uploads and also account limits, if you are trying to upload an image directly from a camera it is likely to be too large in size and dimensions. Check out the FAQ's here and see if that helps as there are a few topics on this?

http://www.midlandsl...ms/#entry211061

Are you getting an error message when uploading? You need flash 9 to use the advanced uploader, if not you will also see a link that says: "Trouble uploading? Try our basic uploader"

Post back if none of that helps.

Morning Mark.

Basically I click on choose a file, this then brings down all my photos.

I then click on the image I want, then click choose.

And to the side of the choose file box it displays the image number & jPG

I then click attach this file.

And Error No file was selected for upload !!

I know it's something I or the Mac's not letting me do. I've never had any issues emailing pictures....

Thanks so far

Chris.

I always post from my Mac and the only thing I have to to do first is re-size. If its just a quick photo on my iPhone, I just email it to myself with the small setting which normally suffices. If it's a photo already within iPhoto, I just drag the photo onto the Preview icon in the dock which will immediately open it, then Tools... Adjust size. I save it out to the desktop as the re-sized version.

Remember it is the file size which has to be under 100kb and so by fiddling with the jpeg quality options you can get a larger image for the same data size.

Archived