litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Black Arch Protectors S1 Lotus Elise

Alex_d

Hi Guys,

I have a S1 Lotus Elise in Silver with coloured coded hardtop black soft top and also a red soft top. The car also has the original five spoke split alloys but have been painted black by lotus.

I would like to get hold of a set or black rear arch protectors as my standard clear ones are looking a bit discoloured and I think with the black wheels this would look good.

Any advice as to where I can order a set from and how much they maybe.

Cheers,

Alex.

:P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ditto - how do u get the old ones off ??.. (mine have gone yellow)

I've emailed "Wuddie" - member on here (see his garage - he got his from Ecosse - now closed), Armourfend, and paintshield -all in an attempt to replace mine with black.. No joy....

The Clicky link thinb won't work for me - which company is it Chris ?

:D

Anotheroption is to put em over the old ones. I got myself carbon fibre weaved rear arch protectors and stuck em straight over the old uns. Looks fine. Just make sure you clean the old uns good and layer the new ones over nice n careful.

Thanks again Chris..

£37.50 + post n Packing ? (The original 3M stuff from Armourfend is £20 for the same S1 wheelarch set)

I'm thinking this is yet another example of being ripped off as soon as someone mentions the word "Lotus"....

What do you think on this ? (or am I just being a miserable cnut coz I'm at work all bank holiday weekend :wacko:

If you can get them for £20 then buy them!

There are some nice graphics on the website i provided [lotus sport] that im getting also.

Have you a link for the ones for £20????

I dont think that inc postage, ---> he is competitive as they are generally around the £40 mark.

:wacko:

They are £20 from armourfend, and a few other places - but in clear only..

The link you added sells clear OR black - and both are £37.50.. Just me being grumpy this morning..... Still seems a bit off though, almost double the price regardless of colour.... (fair enough if his clear were 20, and black maybe 25 ?)

Anyway I'm yet to find anywhere that does em in black - I'm going to report him to the monopolies and mergers commision :wacko:

I had them on my old S160 and as has been said they really look good on a light coloured car.

There is a very cheap way of doing it, i.e. for approx £5.

Just buy a roll of black Fablon and stick it on top of the clear stuff already there and trim to the shape of the clear ones, if it gets damaged then just redo, a roll of Fablon will do loads, I only ever had to replace once in 14months (due to jet washing).

rearspat_small.jpg

rock1_small.jpg

Archived