Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Leaking S1 Soft Top

christurbo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right!

Over the weekend I gave my softtop the Autoglym experience!

I have not encountered a proper downpour but some drizzle/shower on sunday - and it looks good - no drips. :P

If it does leak in proper rain then its some work on the seals!

Good stuff :)

Another Update!!!!

As you prob know - It absolutely PISSED down last night :D

Good - because i can finally test the roof properly. [its been without its Elememtal Shower Cap since the weekend]

Oh Joy! - No water in on the pass side, only a small drip on the drivers side ;)

This is a MASSIVE improvement as before a slight bit of rain meant puddles in the Liz!!!!

So for all you leaking S1 owners buy some Autoglym ASAP - the best £20 ive spent! :lol:

I bought it because the general feeling I got when looking for the car was "that they all leak"

Then I was in B&Q and saw some - for £7 a can it was worth getting whilst I was there.

I never got to test the hood out because, initially, the hard top was fitted.

Then it was garaged when not used in the week and the weather was better when I took it out on weekends/evenings.

It was only on a trip back from Nottingham in a torrential downpour on the M42 that it was confirmed to be leak free.

Archived