litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Is Going

DerekC

Just thought i'd let you guys know that after 2 1/2 years of almost trouble free motoring the Elise is going.

I haven't really been a big contributor to the forum but I have been grateful for the advise given in the technical areas and it's help keep costs down to a minimum.

I know you'll all hate the car I am replacing it with but I'm getting a Smart Roadster (Speedsilver special edition) it's only 6 months old and has all the bells and whistles that you could wish for. I spend most of my time stuck in queues of traffic and the Automatic/Tiptronic gears are going to be a dream.

All the best

Derek

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are probably all right and I may be back in the future.

I will be sorry to see the car go but it will be nice have a bit of comfort on long drives and having that girly button called "Hairdryer Function/Aircon" is going to be fantastic when the sun comes out again.

I know, I must be getting old :P

The gears did seem ok to me but i suppose only time will tell anyway.

I did have some major leg problems in the Elise in slow moving traffic and after slipping a disc last year I also have intermittant back problems too.

I didn't really like the Smart Car until I went to look at one a few weeks back and when I found out it wasn't a problem to have that horrid black light surround colour matched to the rest of the car I was then hooked. It's also being re-mapped to give the engine a bit more life too.

Should be getting car tomorrow so the Elise will have it's last run along the country roads to Southwell. :D

Archived