litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Argggh! Stoved It Last Night

SpoonZ

:)

Me(nob) + Elise + Wet Roundabout = Poorly Front Clam

Car is in the process of being shipped to Nick @ Grangemoor. Clam is smashed and steering is a bit skewy :D

Came off a roundabout last night, put my foot down to go up the hill, not massively ill add, next thing i know im in the barrier. NOT a chance in hell of doing anything about it didnt even realise what was happening until it was over.

So p1ssed off with myself, im always careful in the rain cant understand why it bit me so bad :(

O well, thats what insurance is for !

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Hard luck mate.... live and learn. When you get it back book a Carlimits day and learna bit more about controlling the bugger. I know the feeling of crashing the poor thing... it hurts!

As you say insurance is there for that reason, you'll get it back all shiny and new - make sure it goes to a garage that knows what they're doing with it though!!

it just lurched to the left as I accelerated, so the beginning of a spin halted by a metal crash guard. i had no feeling of anything happening at all. all i can think is it aquaplained as the surface is very uneven their.

Driving past this morning, to retreive by number plate, i notice the barrier I hit is absolutley battered so I assume its took some hammer over the years.

It was a roundabout off the sheffield parkway onto the A57. Two capped chav lads in a focus stopped behind me and said "that was fooking awesome that mate" i tried to smile and ignore them.

Car has now been picked up by Grange Moor Coachworks in Wakefield, apparently they do loads of Lotus' and do work for Chris Foulds. I be interested to hear if anyone has used them?

And for the record heres the damage :) I guess its a stitched on new front clam

outside.jpg

Has the front tyre gone down as a result of the prang...

yes it has, i think that took the brunt of the impact with the kerb and then the barrier to be honest.

looking underneath cant see any damage to undertray

Im awaiting the results from the bodyshop

Bad luck mate. I'm from that neck of the woods too, so I'll try and learn from your mistake and stop chucking my s1 111s round Sheffield's roundabouts like a hooligan. Still not driven much in the wet :)

Hope it's not too painful to sort out - I'm most definitely interested to hear your experiences with the garage in Wakefield. Are they just doing the clam work, or will they be sorting the steering / suspension too?

Hallcraft repaired Simon's S2 after turning it into a combine harvester. Damage looked similar and they repaired the clam for £600 all in.

You may be suprised.

Could be worth giving them a ring and emailing the picture, see if they can give a ball park figure. That way you'll know whether you're being ripped off where it is at the moment.

Good luck

Archived