litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Regular Sharp Climbs In Temps

Sonya

Lots of the driving I do is motorway miles, I tend to travel at over 4000rpm for about an hour then come to an abrupt halt for 20 mins, this happens twice on each leg to work and then back with the route I travel. As a result the car stays at a steady 87c, then shoots upwards at each halt. I've not had anything too scary happen yet, but have got to 'flashing temp guage' stage on more than one occasion. This thermal shock needs to be reduced for fear of a terminal event!

I'm fitting a remote 82 degree stat but was wondering what other options I have for reducing the sharp climbs in temperature;

1 Radiator relief (or other water wetter). Chuck it in with every coolant change and it reduces temperature by 30 degrees. What do people think about this, is it really totally harmless?

2 Eliseparts performance fan. Wider fan which cuts in earlier to reduce any sharp climbs in temperature

3 What else?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived