litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help! My S1 Doesn't Move Anymore!

Cremo

I was returning home after a long long night (something like from 9 am to 5 pm) so i used the car qiute a bit (not continuously, since i stayed in a place for many hourse, still i made many kms went in the highway and stuff)..

I was going to make some fuel since i hate tthat "refill" stuff...

than.. while i was driving really easy-... i start hearing like "potatoes from the exhaust" and the engine loosing power (seeing the rpm tick a bit) like if the motor was coughing..

i stopped.. turned off the car.. and.. i wasn t able to turn it on anymore! so i was forced to "push it" in a safe place (i am glad my car doesn t weight 2 tons :D)..

the "coughing motor effect" was very similar to something that already happened to me while i was in a storm and water entered in the airbox? i don t know i just know that with water in the motor (or wherever it was) the car like loosed power when i wasn t at high rpm... if i went over 3-4-5k rpm all was fine but under 3k the car was like going to shut down..

but since yesterday the car didn t receive any water (well aside waashing it but it was like 10 hours before) i don t know what it could have been...

to tell the truth the last time i turned the engine on it sounded very mmm how can i say? floppy?

not a nice GRRRRRRR but something like grr.. tought it was the english car and stuff with the engine that has to go hot and stuff...

but it happened toi me other times as well....

perhaps something wrong with the starter?

does the elise have a carburator or elettrical iniection?

today i am gonnare retry to make the car go since the first time that this happened to me after that famous storm i was able to make the car go the next morning...

but if i can t make the car move any hints of how can i transport it away? i mean the guy with the track knows is job but can you transport an elise like you do with any other car?

ty very much for any advice you can give me i am really really sad :)

this happened when i was already pissed with my brother cause i found an huge scratch on the car (some bast*** with the key made it... don't know who is but it s gonna be costly to remove :lol: )

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived