litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fitting S2 Suspension

tonner_notts

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dead easy. take the wheel off - remove old shock - getting round the back of one to the nut is a bit of a PITA, take it out put ,new one in, put wheel back on.

For the fronts do the same but you should need to change the bracket which steve should have sent. you don't need to but is recommended that you put some silicone or something between the bracket and chassis to stop them reacting/corrdoding or something. job done. took me an afternoon - oversteered like a pig so had to have it geod.

I changed all bolts and nuts at the time, also make sure you have some copper grease to hand so they dont squeak in their brackets. I also used some threadloc on the bolts so they dont come undone very easily.

Enjoy, makes a world of difference !

Get a geo done straight after, or at least the alignment and camber.

I did mine myself and the car drove pretty well after but the alignment was out on the rear. The camber was the main thing that i altered when fitting the s2 stuff. This is done by removing shims that are inbetween the hub carrier and the wisbone. You need to take the measurements out of the service notes for what its set to as standard and then steve B should of given you some rough ideas to what you will need to set it to afterwards.

Archived