litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Goodwood May 21 2011

JonS

I tagged along to a Lancia club day at Goodwood, only 5 cars in each session so easy to get in the zone.

Bit shaky from the in board camera, but the mount was slightly loose unfortunately.

Still I love this circuit, such a fast place, and seeing as though I;m only 15 mins away, there'll be plenty of opportunity to get some practice in!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the laps through Jon and as you said it really does look like an interesting circuit. Can't wait to get down there and have a go. I always thought it was quite a small circuit so surprised. How long is it?

It's over 2 miles in length. It's very different to other UK circuits they haven't tried to slow it down over the years. Even the 'chicane' is taken at 60mph !

There are no big kerbs and a lot of it is flat out in 5th gear even in a standard Elise. It's a circuit all about getting exactly the right line to minimise any speed scrubbing off and not much about car control. The surface is very smooth.

Will be interesting if it's wet and windy tomorrow !

Rain has been threatened here all weekend, but only a few spits whilst I was under the car this morning. Bloomin windy to so watch out for that on all the exposed straights. Real fun circuit, and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow Tim. :)

Archived