litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'c' Service Coming Up... Where?

Ruxpin

The elise is going to be due a 'C' service in a month or so.....

Obviously everyone recommends Horizon but what are the other options? and what is the expected damage?

Anyone used PTP in Hinckley for a 'c' service recently? PTP are much closer. Any others worth trying near leics?

Cheers Rich

Also what is the cure for the knocking rear suspension when hot? Am i right in thinking it is the toe links?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PTP getting good reports since they've realigned their prices. Not used them myself although previous owner of my car did. The perception may not bear out the reality but I think of them for engine work, hence C service, but not so much for suspension. Fair? unfair? or just marketing?!

Mike at Horizon, on the other hand is a bit of a dab hand at the black artof suspension tuning, and has the confidence of most on here that he would get to the bottom of any suspension issue, including a darn good geo.

As a first pass, don't assume noisy rear suspension has to be the toe links. More likely to be the ball joints dried out - quick dab of moly grease could quieten them down if they're not too far gone. S1 Koni suspension noisy anyway - not so compliant as the S2 Bilstein stuff, so you could be heading into the zone for a replacement.

Archived