litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Brake Disc Wear.

DunkHSP

I know this is a bit of a dumb one but I am about to change the pads all round and am not sure about the discs, not having the car from new its hard to tell how worn they are. Apart from the minute wear (<1mm at a guess) at the extremes of the discs they look pretty good, no visible scoring.

The car has just passed 19500 and I assume they are the originals still on there.

Cheers in advance.

I'll be at Ashbey Folville tonight if anyone is going who might be able to give me a clue!!

:D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is a bit of a dumb one but I am about to change the pads all round and am not sure about the discs, not having the car from new its hard to tell how worn they are. Apart from the minute wear (<1mm at a guess) at the extremes of the discs they look pretty good, no visible scoring.

The service notes for the S1 say the 'service minimum' thickness of the disc is 24.9mm ('new' thickness is 26 mm). I guess this would apply to the S2 as well but I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm....

I presume the 'service minimum' means if they are thinner than this at the service they should be changed 'cause they might not last to the next one?

Now where did I put that micrometer :D

HTH

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

On a similar, equally dumb note, does anyone know the minimum thickness for MMC pads (not discs)?

There's definitely some left before the backing plates but they've started squeaking a fair bit lately! Maybe I should just be braking harder!!

Archived