litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda Vtec Engine

tazbaz69

As for the kit, i am not really sure at the moment i think Mike is looking at all possible options.

[

Well you've given that away now, haven't you :lol:

- Edit - Fixed your quote

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

planning as in talking about it or planning as in has a donor mule car and an engine sitting on a pallet ?

Could take 6 months to a year to develop if they are going to sell it commercially in numbers with a warranty.

By then it could be obsolete and the new trend will be the EVo FX-330 engines - it fits apparently :lol:

It may be better for Mike to think about getting an agreement from someone who has already developed a kit and proven it and become an agent or something - maybe a local mafia could form up :lol:

Could be business in the midlands for that service ...

I cant see getting money back on yet another design that has to be proven etc - the profit is in the easy install and lack of development ...

IIRC from threads, although Maidstone Sports Cars (MSC) are one of the best known for Honda conversions, I think Simon Scuffham did the engineering and they are therefore the installers using his technology (parts & method). I believe Simon has signed Brooke Kensington up on the same basis, so line of least resistance for Mike would be to talk to Scuffers about some sindication.

Fear not people, all options examined, and processes looked at, Mike is well aware of who does/did what regardings engine and installations.... he used to work with Scuffers too so that option could exist.

Just watch this space B)

Archived