litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What About Putting More Horse Power On The Elise?

Cremo

I really love my elise... still i think that 120 hp are a bit too few for such a good car!

anyway.. on the site www.ukgarage.it (wich is an uk-usa car importer into milan)

i ve found this:

KIT SUPERCHARGER UKGARAGE LOTUS ELISE - STAGE 1

garantisce elevata coppia e molti cavalli dal motore Serie K Rover della Elise sia Mk1 che Mk2.

Il kit comprende il compressore centrifugo ROTREX, serbatoio olio, intercooler, tubazioni siliconiche, anelli Cooper, bulloneria speciale, flange in ergal, centralina DASTEK con mappa su misura, candele specifiche race.

Lo Stage 1 prevede l'incremento da 120cv a 210cv.

Il limitatore giri rimane quello standard così come il minimo motore.

Il kit è incluso di montaggio presso la UKGARAGE.

prezzo: 7.000,00 €

now i translate (i left it in italian too because perhaps i translate it so bad that you r better of translating it by yourself :()

KIT SUPERCHARGER UKGARAGE LOTUS ELISE - STAGE 1

grants high torque and many horse power from the rover Series K engine for elise mk1 and mk2

The kits contains a compressor ROTREX, a oil box, intercooler, silicon tubations, Copper rings, special bullons, flange in ergal, DASTEK centraline with personal map, specific race candle

Stage 1 takes your car from 120 hp to 210 hp

the limitator of the engine remines the same as the minimum of the engine

price: 7.000,00 € (mounted and all)

also there s stage 2 that takes it to 260 hp

and at special request 300hp!!

well

taking your elise from 120 to 200+ hp sounds cool!

no more top speed (who needs it anyway :D i can already loose my driving licence with my current top speed :D) but more accelleration and power!

the problem is....

wll the car still be drivable? :gay:

i am really looking further to take a visit to this dealer and see a modified lotus...

i guess that in uk you got planty of preparators for elises...

so waht can ya tell me :D?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turbo Technics do similar in the UK... the main problem with it is you are still using the K Series engine, which will require serious internal upgrade to get that level of performance... you also retain the std gearbox etc.

Basically reliability is a bit of an issue though TT did improve the conversion is now deemed a little pricey in the UK as you can get a Honda conversion done for £10,000 which uses a far more reliable engine, with a character that suits the car and uses the Honda gearbox also.

The car becomes very driveable... more effortless but obviously very fast!

There are cheaper and easier ways to improve the speed of the car though... for about £2000 you could be running approx 175bhp and 140lbft of torque... this will give a noticeable improvement to the car without sacrificing the driveability to much.

See http://www.dvapower.co.uk for more info.

Cremo..there are quite a few options to get over 200 bhp now in the elise. The new generation engine conversions such as honda,audi,duratec will probably be a better option that any bolt-on option. Do a SELOC search to get up to date on the latest developments

Archived