litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Prom Night

Elaine

On Thursday night, a woman (Marie) from down the road knocked on our door, and said to Reg "I hope you don't mind me asking, and you'll probably think I'm really cheeky, but would you take my nephew Carl to his prom night, in your flash car?!" :D

She added that originally Carl was meant to be going in a limo with all of his mates, but they skanked him, and gave another 'cooler mate' his place. :blush:

Then Carl's Dad (a Bobby) arranged for him to make his grand entrance in a riot van B) but this fell through on Monday night, when the top piggy said NO! :(

Anyway, last night was 15 yr old Carls prom night - Reg picked him up from his house, with all the neighbours watching, then took him for a 30min drive, before they made their way to De Lisle school.

We (me, Carls Mum, Step Dad, little Sister, Aunty & Uncle) were waiting at the school to get piccies of Carl arriving.

It was limo, limo, limo, limo, a Rolls........................................then the Green & Gold Exige (lights on, for extra effect!) turned into the long driveway, the crowds parents & prommers exclaimed "Oooh, look at that" "What is it?" and 'whooped' as the car got closer! :D

As they pulled up to the red carpet, Carls 'friends' gasped, then shouted "It's Carl!"

The young laydees were all eyeing Carl up, as he was having his pic taken, when his Mum asked which one he was taking? A normally shy Carl, replied "Many!" :lol:

T'was brilliant to make Carl's night, and it turned out that this talented young lad, has single handedly built his own Stock Car, and wants us to race against him, we told him that we haven't got a Stock Car, so we can't. :(

Then Carls Aunty Marie piped up "You can borrow ours!" B)

So bring it on! We're soon to have our first attempt at Stock Car Racing! :rolleyes:

It just shows, sometimes you do reap, what you sow. :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice one; originality is key with these things... I took my little sister to hers in a friends model T ford; everyone else was gutted they shelled out on a limo when she tured up!

Look forward to seeing the pics, and have fun in the stock car!

b :D

Archived