litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Best looking Elise?

Mark H

Which is the best looking Elise made?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best looking Elise made?

• S1
    • S2
    • Both as nice as each other

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have to admit i sat on the fence.. said both as nice as each other, i adore my silver s1, its 'slot car cute' has curves in all the right places, it's a peach. and generally, yeah, the series 1, mmm exige in new ali

but, i do have to admit, sometimes i do catch a certain angle / light and think.... ewwwwww, and it also seems to manage to lower itself somedays, and be on stills others, v curious

on to the series 2 then : adore the s2 type 25, o yeah, that definatly works for me, and ive seen a 190 series 2 in red, with 2 white stripes and black oz wheels, looking the business. im just hoping that the series 2 exige is gonna look like those 'spy' shots under that blanket, know which 1 i mean??

ok, if i had to choose, the s1 gets it.. damn it, and i already voted...

fickle designers point of view i guess...

spike :wacko:

Well, I had to vote S2!!

I love the sides and rear of an S2 but the front of an Exige, oh and the back of an exige......and the sides....and the power...

Think the S2 interior is much nicer than the S1 especially the cool blue intruments.

However would still like an S1, obviously in addition to the S2.

Also not that keen on the front end view of my S2. Sharp and high arches are a bit of a fopah.

:D

I like them both to a certain degree but obviously the S1 slightly more than the S2 ;) . I think the S1 has a more "classic" shape and styling which will not date whereas the S2 is more angular, which is not a bad thing, but i think will look out of date quicker (does that make sense??? :D )

the interior of the S2 is a bit comfier too but not sure how the alcantara will look in a few years time!?!

like 'em both though!!! B)

steve :blush:

I voted to sit on the fence.

That means I like both!

Given a choice, I would take the Esprit! B)

The S2 has a funny bum but a great front end, love the agressive lights.

The S1 has the classic look, and I could afford one! (I am not a MaccyD pikie though! Hmm maybe an orange neon light would look better underneath!)

S1? :D S2?

A bit on the fence as I have neither. I like both shapes for different reasons, but the S1 seems to evoke a more Lotus feeling than the S2. It's the front, not sure exactly what.

Buying a Lotus in the first place is an emotive thing so no wonder people would have feelings instead or reasons for liking models.

Still prefer my Esprit overall :lol:

I vote S1 - it was the seminal form, whereas S2 is derivative. Both look special next to anything else: function over form, even untrained eyes KNOW what it's for, just by looking at it.

Specifically:

Std S1 with:

original 5-spoke wheels but 195F/225R tyres

Headlamp covers & egg-crate front grille as per 111s

No rear spoiler (too fussy, notchy)

No hardtop

Suspension lowered to 110F/120R

Any colour except black or yellow

Graeme

• 2 weeks later...

always liked the S1 -- but when i came to buy the S2 was out and wanted 'new'. Still like them both. Think they both have good and bad points.

S2 - prefer S1 rear - spesh with wraparound spoiler effect.

S1 - prefer the 'larger mouth of the S2' -- looks meaner.

S1 - prefer S2 headlight cluster

S1 - front end -- seems to be larger surface area - which i think gives the trad lotus feel - but slightly too 'kitcarish' and 'straight out the mould' for my liking

S2 - possibly too many fins and plasticky bits that will look dated and are a bit flimsy

S1 - looks better in flat 'lairy' colours

S2 - looks better in subtle metallics or 'everything in black'

S1 - roof looks like a pain to me

S2 - saw a white one with LRG stripes -- sounds crap - looks great.

however these things are personal and subjective and wouldnt it be a shame if we were all the same?

I still flash and acknowledge other lotii whatever model...

Archived