litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Black Swan May Go

Black Swan

After 3 years and about 45,000 miles I think it is time to change cars so my Black S1 will be on the market very soon. Apart from here, where are the best places to advertise and how do you set a resonable price?

1999 T plate

Engine - standard + K&N filter and Lotus S/S sports zorst

Full S2 shocks fitted by Horizon last summer, ride hight now 110/120 front/rear

New bonded floors with black mats

New dash as old one damaged slightly when floor swapped

New rear clam following walking pace bump to rear at lights, front end pretty well chip free

Mileage - 61,000 miles

Full Service History

Uprated head gasket fitted when old one failed, new cam belt fitted at same time

New clutch fitted last year

Toyos all round, fronts good, rears, NEW

Lotus hardtop included

Usual Ally bits inside

Sure to have missed something so questions to [email protected]

Also sugestions as to a contrasting car to replace it with. At the moment something like a Citroen DS is looking interesting

Peter

post-18-1120296159_thumb.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good clean car too, Steven. Peter's one of the old timers on here so lots of folk know him and his car - it's not been thrashed, yet will be good value with that mileage (plenty of motorway miles in that figure). Important stuff been done to it: Cambelt, gasket, clutch + S2 suspension (& the "Horizon geo"). Suggest Clare moves in quickly!

Peter

Sorry to hear you're calling time. You'd do well to put a price on it. Another Elise or something more practical?

Plan is for something both more practical but also a contrast. Have always had an eye for one of the old Citroens (a DS) from the early 1970s. About as different as you can get to an Elise - zero to 60 in a weekend and magic carpet ride.

After last years spend thought was to start at £11,500 for Black Swan and see what happens. This would seem to get you a standard S1 with 40 - 50k but non of the good mods.

Peter

front end pretty well chip free

:rolleyes:

I should hope so Peter. Not good advertising for your business if it was peppered. :blush:

£11.5k looks like a good starting point. Should get fairly close to that.

Good luck

I've sent Clare a text, so will hear back from her soon.

She came to Le Mans with us and was bitten by the Lotus bug. It just so happens that BT have made her redudent, so she has to spend her "nest egg" on something !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived