litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Spy Who Loved Me

Tango190

The Spy Who Loved Me (the 10th in the series) is regarded by most Bond fans to be the best of the Roger Moore Bond films.

AND it features a cool Lotus Esprit, the fab theme song Nobody Does It Better, and a clever nod to Lawrence Of Arabia.

and this lot ...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many, this bloody film, which I shall probably watch again for the umpteenth time is responsible for me becomming a Lotus owner.... and my irrational desire to buy an Esprit (pref. Sport 350) despite fears that it would bankrupt me...

Which one became the blerk then????

John :)

Like many, this bloody film, which I shall probably watch again for the umpteenth time is responsible for me becomming a Lotus owner.... and my irrational desire to buy an Esprit (pref. Sport 350) despite fears that it would bankrupt me...

Which one became the blerk then????

John  :P

Completely disagreeing here I'm afraid -

Yes I am okay with the Lotus but there is no doubt that Live and Let Die is the best Moore Bond film!

Though the best Bond chase is in the 2CV in FYEO :) , also Moore.

yeah probably but arn`t v8's the best???

Sadly not when the V8 pumps it's torque through an ancient Renault 21 casting.

The gearbox internals are different - ask Mike - but the Esprit V8 torque is huge, blows a tranny in no time if abused. :D

There is a fix, goto www.lotusespritworld and read up, great website too Daz, email Kato for any info.

Or join us on Pistonheads or Excel/Eclat forum.

The internet world is your oyster, wish I had internet when I was a young gun.

Think we had Bunty and Dandy, no wonder so many men are gay !!! :):P

i had a look on http://www.sportomotive.com/ , looked in the "for sale" section and there is a nice LOTUS Esprit V8 GT on there.

reads : LOTUS Esprit V8 GT , 2000 W Reg , Azure Blue Metallic. with contrasting Black leather comfort seats piped blue, Saturn monoblock alloys, rear wing incorperating high level brake light, Stainless sports exhausts, air conditioning, 1 owner from new having been supplied and serviced by this garage,8,200 recorded miles and in showroom condition, (number plate to be retained) DUE IN 6TH MAY £31,995

looks good :blush:

when im older it will be more like £21.995 :rolleyes:

post-732-1120302749.jpg

post-732-1120302782.jpg

post-732-1120302808.jpg

Should be more like £22k now. I think it's overpriced.

The white Esprit in the 007 film was just stunning. If I was to get one (and I'm not say I will) it would have to be one of those. :rolleyes:

Archived